AutumnGrove Cottage is proud to support the fight against Alzheimer’s disease by investing in higher education. Just like finding a cure, a college education can be a costly endeavor and we want to help out our future Alzheimer’s fighters.
Through our scholarship program we hope to help two students in the United States whose lives were affected by Alzheimer’s or are passionate about helping those who have the disease. We will award two winning students with $1000 each to go towards completing their college degree.
Participants must meet following criteria:
- Be enrolled at any college or university in the United States
- Students must be 18 years or older
- Must be an American citizen or hold a valid student visa
- Participants grant permission to AutumnGrove Cottage to use essays on their website and social media accounts for promotional purposes
- Winning participants will be required to submit a photo for promotional purposes
How to apply?
Interested and qualified students may choose one of the following questions to answer(essays must be a minimum of 500 words in length with a maximum of 1000 words and must include a title):
- Have you ever cared for someone with Alzheimer’s or Dementia? If so, write about how that experience impacted your life.
- Write about the importance of Alzheimer’s and Dementia awareness for younger generations today.
- Based on the Alzheimer’s and Dementia prevention information today, if you had a history of memory loss in your family, what steps would you take to help reduce your chance of having Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Winning selection process:
We are going to post participants’ essays on our website, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter pages. Two essays that receive the most Facebook likes, Google+ +1’s and Twitter re-tweets will each receive $1000 towards their college education. Participants can increase their odds of winning by spreading the word of the contest themselves via personal Facebook, Google+ and Twitter pages to help promote their essays. We will track votes via #uniqueALZcare. How to increase your chances!
- Submit essay : May 15th
- Accumulate likes: June 15th
- Decision and Award: June 17th