When your loved one has dementia or Alzheimer’s, finding the most up-to-date information on Alzheimer’s care is important. Information and advice are available through about caring for an Alzheimer’s or dementia sufferer and on how to better take care of yourself during this difficult time. So below is a list of resources which you may find helpful for Alzheimer’s care:
- Alzheimer’s Association National Office, Chicago, IL: This site covers a lot of comprehensive information for family caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients. Information on both caregiving and taking care of yourself is covered. The website is www.alz.org.
- Alzheimer’s Association Publications: This web page has more than 146 brochures, reports and fact sheets links. It also has a lot of helpful information about what is involved in caregiving for a person needing Alzheimer’s care. You can download the materials for free at: http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_what_is_alzheimers.asp
- Caregiver Guides: This is a resource list of expert reviewed books, websites, and multi-media which was prepared by the Alzheimer’s Association Green-Field Library. The link is http://www.alz.org/national/documents/CareGuides_RL.doc
- Living with Alzheimer’s: The is a web page of information that will help caregivers to adapt to the daily routines and the changes in the person who needs Alzheimer’s care. In addition, there’s also information on the Medicare and Medicaid programs and financial information too. There is additionally a link to Alzheimer’s Association CareFinder. This link is an interactive tool for families to help identify needs and preferences dealing with home and residential care. It has Message boards and a venue where caregivers can talk together additionally. The link is http://www.alz.org/living_with_alzheimers_4521.asp
- Alzheimer’s Caregivers: The National Library of Medicine provides a website with links to numerous organizations and agencies that have information on caregiving. The areas covered include coping, research, nutrition, finances, legal information and genetics. The website is http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/alzheimerscaregivers.html
- Home Care Services: This site was also prepared by the National Library of Medicine. It has links to organizations and agencies which have information on evaluating, identifying and how to hire home healthcare staff. The link for this site is: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/homecareservices.html
Hopefully, with these links, you can find the information that you need.